Objectives of the Blog:
- Establish a dynamic point of easy access to resources and reference for Primary education in KV Context
- use concrete examples and suggestions
- supplement existing materials and KVS guidelines
- target facilitators/ trainers/ mentors /teacher Leaders of teacher development (teachers, in-service Resource Persons, HMs /Sr.PRTs.)
- support any teacher, particularly the large population of uninitiated contractual teachers, engaged mainly in teaching classes I & II
- engage in individual reflection, collaboration, and dialogue
- host a variety of activities
- utility and application in a variety of contexts
Uses of the Blog
Mainly for Professional Development
Archiving of all training/ workshop related resources,Support resources,Need based resources
Discuss guidelines and frameworks for programmes and processed
Professional development for teachers in a school or those in a cluster of schools
Professional development for HMs /Sr.PRTs
Guidelines to all levels of teacher
A five-day Educational Leadership Workshop for the Headmasters and Senior Primary Teachers of Bengaluru and Hyderabad Regions was conducted from 22nd to 26th of April at the KVS Zonal Institute of Education and Training, Mysore under the able guidance of the Director Shri. S. Selvaraj.Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, pioneer in quality holistic education empowers its staff in the latest trends in education through various well- planned workshops and in-service courses at regular intervals.
The Workshop empowered the participants with the latest evaluation tools and procedures and the multifarious activities under the Common Minimum Programme, a salient feature of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan that has revolutionized Primary Education in leaps and bounds. The workshop also provided insight into current issues such as Gender Sensitisation, Inclusive Education and NCPCR Guidelines to Teachers on positive approaches to Discipline.
KVS ZIET Mysore covers the four regions of the south i.e- Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad and Ernakulam for all Training purposes. The five day workshop on Educational Leadership for HMs and PRTs who are officiating as HMs was organised in two phases-
Phase I- Bengaluru & Hyderabad Regions- 22nd to 26th April 2013 had 80 participants representing each KV in the two Regions,likewise Phase II covered the regions of Chennai and Ernakulam scheduled 29th April 2013 to 3rd May 2013 with 75 participants.
The Resource Persons for the schedules were
Mrs. Anusuya Srinivasan, HM KV AFS Yelahanka Bangalore & Mrs Kausar Nasreen, HM KV No.2 Golconda Hyderabad Region for Phase I & Mrs. Inbamalar, HM KV IIT Chennai, Chennai Region & Mrs. Geetha Nair, HM KV Thrissur, Ernakulam Region
The Schedules were coordinated by Miss. Sahaya Mary HM, ZIET faculty, KVS ZIET Mysore.
The endeavours and activities are reflected in the Course Time Table and the Practice Modules titled Activity Map. The resources uploaded on this blog are for the use of the Primary Heads for various aspects of leadership of the Primary Section.
A note about the resources- Much of the resources posted on this blog , including powerpoint presentations are material developed for or during the workshop. A few are free downloads of internet resources. However., all resources are uploaded here are meant to be used by KV teachers at the primary level. They are for educational purposes only. Sources have been cited wherever necessary.
The blog is an initiative of the trainees of the Bangalore- Hyderabad schedule . It was originally designed by Shri. Pawan, PRT, KV Nalagonda, Hyderabad Region with support and input from a committee of HMs who were part of the trainee group.
It is being substantiated and continuously updated by Miss. Sahaya Mary, HM, Faculty ZIET Mysore.
The resources on the blog can be downloaded by following the steps listed here:
- click on the page tab for selection
- scroll down the page to the resource(s) needed
- click on the resource
- the resource will download into you computer
- Resources can be easily located by typing suitable search words into the search box on the right side